Sunday 26 February 2012

Six years through to Now...


And then I turned SIX...
The cake Mum made of Patrick Starr

Me and Arlais

The year I turned six, my sister Arlais was born in August. She can be a trial sometimes, but she is my best buddy. We spend lots of time playing, I read to Arlais and she and I play-fight...


8 years and My eldest brother Duncan moved out of home to live with his Dad (Uncle Nigel) in Burnside so he could go to High School over there.
Duncan and Cherry
Christmas with Elvis






Merlin the ginger cat looking after Cherrys kittens

Zion and Me - Avondale Primary

Playing Santa at Xmas

Santas Fairy
 9 years - My next brother Gordon moved out of home to live with his Dad in Burnside, so he could go to High School over there too.
Gordon and his cat Merlin
Elvis at Christmas

This leaves just Me, Mum and Arlais at home.


10 years old - There was a 7.1 Earthquake in September.
That morning in Christchurch, is a morning that I will never forget. I was sleeping then there was a sound  like music - like a flute, and then the ground seemed to be alive.
There was a boom and cracking - a picture fell from the wall and hit me with a thud. I managed to catch the inside washing line before it hit Arlais. I was surprised because I had been asleep but now I was wide awake. The music was gone, only the rumbling. I felt like I was alone, I felt cold, but then mum was there telling me things that had happened, and asking me if I was alright and I forgot my fear.
I took the picture off me.






Arlais was crying, but mum settled her. We got up and dressed . Our toilet was cracked and leaking. It was very dark and cold outside. Our next door neighbour, Brian came and gave mum a torch. (Now we have lots of torches!) Now I forgot my fear and started helping mum .  We have had lots of aftershocks and quite a few big earthquakes, but we dont get too scared now.
                                                                                                                                                                                          

Planking at the Park with Duncan


After the first 6.3 my brothers Duncan and Gordon came to stay for a while.
Gordon started to think he knew everything about earthquakes, but he hadnt experienced it like we had over this side of town. Mum pointed things out to him, and he calmed down.

Being 11- This has been a busy year.  There has been three six point threes and lots of fives but we are better prepared, in fact we are *preparing* so we can cope without power and we have water stored in case. In fact, prepping and learning survival skills can be fun.



Playing with a friend I found in the Park. I love dogs



I have been through quite a few major earthquakes and about 10,000 aftershocks in the past 12 months and it has snowed badly twice - it made me sad to see the city I grew up in and loved, brought to the ground but I believe christchurch will rise again.


A Hummer on display in Levels



 V8 Racing at Levels with Uncle Nigel

So... This is Me.
I like animals
I love my family
My favourite colours are black and blue
My star sign is taurus
My favourite number is 7804
One day I would like to go to Spain or Ireland
When I get older I would like to be a blacksmith  or a vet
My favourite book is ... I have a lot and I am always reading something.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY SO FAR...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Really loved reading your blog and learning about you. I know youll enjoy writing on it, and I look forward to being able to read things from you often :) XXXX EB

    ReplyDelete